We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Side dish
This recipe makes about 500ml of pasta sauce. It's rich in flavour and a great way of making use of tomatoes when in-season. Serve over pasta.
4 people made this
- 1kg plum tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 strip lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- salt to taste
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:2days17hr ›Ready in:2days17hr15min
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook for 4 minutes or until soft (don't allow to brown as this will give your sauce a bitter taste).
- Add tomatoes, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and sugar.
- Chop tomatoes directly into pan by holding in one hand, cut down into tomato to make eight quarters then slice across and straight into pan.
- Bring sauce to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour plus or until thick. Stir occasionally to prevent the sauce sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon hot sauce into hot sterilised jars. Turn upside down. Stand for 2 minutes. Turn upright. Cool.