We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Bread and butter pudding
A traditional pud that's easy and cheap to make, delicious and comforting. Adapt it however you like!
60 people made this
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 12 slices day-old white bread
- 750ml of milk, double cream or a mixture of both
- 5 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cinnamon to taste
- 165g raisins, sultanas or a mixture of both
- Optional additions
- cherry jelly
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3. Grease a 20cm baking dish.
- Remove crusts from bread if you like. Butter all 12 bread slices on both sides. If you like, spread marmalade or cherry jelly on one side.
- Arrange 4 slices of bread in dish. Sprinkle with dried fruit and cinnamon. Repeat this 3 times so that all 12 slices are arranged in 3 layers in baking dish.
- Beat together milk or cream, sugar, eggs and salt. Pour over bread arrangement. Allow 5 mins for milk to soak into bread.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (4)
Something else.how many eggs?-12 Sep 2010
I couldn't believe how easy it was to make! Thanks for the recipe! Couldn't stop eating it. Only advise, 5 tablespoons you have to say heaped or average or flat. Felt it could do with bigger tablespoons that the one I used and a bit less salt but very happy for a first attempt. :D-26 May 2012
I made this recipe over the weekend. This is a traditioanl bread and butter pudding and tasted great. Great texture and flavour just like my mum used to make.-05 Jul 2010